+ Reply to Thread

Question Kitchen water flow slow

My house is about 60 years old. The water flow in my kitchen keeps getting less over time. I assume that the pipes are getting cloged. I have changed the faucet with no help. The crawl space under the kitchen is about 8 = 10 inches high. Is there someway I can correct this WITHOUT takeing up the kitchen floor???? Any Idea will be helpfull.

Default Re: Kitchen water flow slow

the first and most important question is.....are the water supply pipes copper or galvanized steel? if they are copper then it might just be as simple as changing the shutoff valves which might be clogged or the rubber washer might be blocking some of the flow. if they're galvanized then it's definitely time to replace them with copper or pex.

By the age of your home, I would guess that you have galvanized pipes as well.

There is only one solution: re-pipe.

If you use PEX to re-pipe you should need to rip up the floor, you can snake it through.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    the first and most important question is.....are the water supply pipes copper or galvanized steel? if they are copper then it might just be as simple as changing the shutoff valves which might be clogged or the rubber washer might be blocking some of the flow. if they're galvanized then it's definitely time to replace them with copper or pex.

I did not even consider the shutoff valves. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. I will change the shutoffs and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for all suggestions. Turns out I have glavanized pipe under the house with copper coming into the kitchen. I have changed everything I can get to. Time to call the PLUMBER!