+ Reply to Thread

Default I need island design help!

I need help creating a kitchen island. I would like to create a 78" x 48" island (should it be called a peninsula if the shorter side is going to be flush with the wall?) The problem is that there is a radiator against the wall (on the same wall that the island would attach to) which prevents me from making the island more than 36" deep. (or wide) I was considering leaving an 8" opening in the island top to accommodate the radiator which would be perpendicular to the island (the countertop would be a fat L shape if I did this) and using counter "legs" to support the two ends of the countertop. Would this look ridiculous or be impractical for some reason? I can send you a diagram if you are having trouble following my description. I need help!! Any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: I need island design help!

Personally I think 48" wide is to wide to be practical.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Kitchen island!! Sounds interesting, upload some pics when you have completed making it.

is there another wall to move the radiator to?

Never mind, read your post too quickly.
    Last edited by rissabrianne; 09-13-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: misread and missed the word - radiator not just heat vent