We live in NY and my house is a 1950 uninsulated block ranch. Attic is well insulated and
vented. We have a problem with moisture. Once it gets cold, we have heavy window condensation, spots of mold will form in the corners of our plaster walls and behind pictures, etc. In one room we took down the plaster to the bare block and painted it with a sealer (dry lock?) we put in 1/2 " styrofoam
insulation and then sheet rocked the walls. That did take care of the mold
on the wall issue for that room, but not the condensation problem on the windows. Our windows are vinyl, double hung, and double paned, maybe 8 years old. Their quality is probably middle of the road. During the winter the glass is not unusually cold to touch and there is no condensation on the window frame. There is no moisture on the windows in the summer, only in winter.
We have a forced air furnace and it is inspected each year. No problem there. We have gutters and the chimney is OK. No blocked dryer vents. Partial (small) crawl space has a plastic vapor barrier on floor and ceiling is insulated. Basement is unfinished and if we have a lot of rain we may get some water, but only like a puddle in 1 or 2 spots, not a flood. We also keep a dehumidifier on in the basement. We painted the walls with a basement sealer?? paint (not sure of the name). I'm sure digging and putting in more drainage outside and sealing the wall would help a lot.

What should I do about this? This is what we are considering doing.
Installing furring strips over the stucco, then styrofoam insulation, then
wrapping the house with a house wrap, then siding with vinyl siding. Do
you think this is the way to go? Would there be a problem installing the
house wrap on the exterior of the house? If not, would there be a problem placing the barrier over the insulation rather than in front of it? If the moisture barrier was installed on the stucco then the nails for the furring strips would poke holes in the vapor barrier. The
house is cement block under the stucco I don't think there is another way? We don't want to have to gut the interior of the whole house.

I would appreciate your expert advice, thank you in advance. Lori