+ Reply to Thread

Default white plastic on roll

I'm watching the Weston house episodes, at this point they're "flying in" the first floor decking. Because of the rain they are covering the construction with white plastic.

I've been looking for a source for white plastic sheeting ("visquine" in 4 or 6 mil) for a couple of years and can't find it. I don't want black or clear, I need white. I have a 45' geodesic dome that I use for a studio. I've insulated, but I want a reflective interior covering. Can't get white parachute canopies anymore.

Our house is another 45' dome and we used 5/8" sheetrock for the inside walls - good strength and fire protection. Can't do that again, though (TOFTS).

So where can I get 5,000 square feet (or more) of that white plastic? I've been calling plastics houses in Denver and around the country, even modular home builders (they wrap the modules in white for shipping), but no one will tell me. I've seen the "ripstop" reinforced stuff, but it's too heavy. The stuff the farmers use for silage cover would be good, but no one wants to sell a "small quantity like that."

Anyone know a source?

Thanks

Default Re: white plastic on roll

You might consider looking at a cross laminated poly sheeting.
    These are commoly used for a superior strength vapor barriers and exterior wraps such as agricultrial use.

http://www.plasticsheetingsupply.com...ners-c-27.html

http://www.insulationsolutions.com/p...formation.html
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: white plastic on roll

I found what I needed through Poly-America.com:

White sheeting is available in limited sizes. Product codes are below.

CF0514W 4 mil 14 x 300 white (this is the size you see on mobile homes as you mentioned)
    CF0420W 4 mil 20 x 100 white
    CF0428W 4 mil 28 x 100 white
    CF0620W 6 mil 20 x 100 white

I ordered it through Home Depot, a roll of CF0514W was $200+, but you can probably get it through Loewes and Eagle just the same.

harryevan