+ Reply to Thread

Default Combination Hole Saw

Have a combination hole saw. Looks like a regular hole saw but has seven blades in separate tracks. Would someone please tell me how is it adjusted?

Default Re: Combination Hole Saw

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTWilly View Post
    Have a combination hole saw. Looks like a regular hole saw but has seven blades in separate tracks. Would someone please tell me how is it adjusted?
    You remove all the blades except for the one you want to use, cut your hole, the put the extra blades back into the drive head for storage.

When cutting a hole in this manner, it is best to cut from both sides to prevent blowing out the back as the cutter exits the material. Set your pilot bit (the center bit ) so that it is 1/2" or more longer than the hole saw blade. When the pilot bit pierces the back, switch sides and continue drilling.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Combination Hole Saw

"blades in separate tracks" if this saw with spring type blades, be aware it is not as strong as regular solid saw, let it do the work, do not over force it, the blade may come loose. At best, no damage, just replace it, but blade may be damaged or could damage you.

Also it will not cut quite as accurate or smooth a hole ( especially when doing proper both side cutting), but we rarely need that kind of accuracy or smoothness. Maybe when cutting an axle hole for toy or jig.