+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Re: Paiting new outdoor shutters

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Cypress contains a lot of tannin and will bleed through if you don't use a stain blocker and the OP said he didn't want to do it again.

Jack
    So you're saying it's dj's fault. I can live with that.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Paiting new outdoor shutters

Jack is absolutely correct. I should have mentioned the words "stain blocker", since this type of wood is rich with tannin. Very important.

hi
    If you use spray paint, it will be more effective.
    But 1st you should to decide what type of spray you want to use.
    like air gun spraying, electrostatic spray painting etc....

thank u

-------------------------
    lean and tone
    Last edited by Paula Mera; 09-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.

DJ, we must be very careful. I am guilty of misstating things assuming the home owners know what I am talking about and have been called on it. When I hear spray paint, I think of a rattle can. Spray is an adjetive and paint is the noun. You were trying to use spray as a verb. The next two posts, I believe, assumed that when you said spray paint, they thought rattle can. I did not aim it at you . but the other two people that had posted. Besides that, almost all paint is sprayable )
    Last edited by Tacoma John; 09-08-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma John View Post
    DJ, we must be very careful. I am guilty of misstating things assuming the home owners know what I am talking about and have been called on it. When I hear spray paint, I think of a rattle can. Spray is an adjetive and paint is the noun. You were trying to use spray as a verb. The next two posts, I believe, assumed that when you said spray paint, they thought rattle can. I did not aim it at you . but the other two people that had posted. Besides that, almost all paint is sprayable )
    TJ,

I know what you mean.

Spray is also a verb (to spray), I'm no Oxford or Yale graduate (just a CSUN graduate), but I'm sure it's also a verb...