A few days ago, I woke up in the morning to find that every faucet (sink, tub, shower, etc.) in the house, when turned on, was spitting out a whole bunch of air and a little bit of brownish water. The air cleared up in 20 minutes or so, and the brown water only lasted a few seconds. Since then, I have low to no water pressure inside my home. I can turn on a faucet and it'll have really low pressure for about 30-45 seconds, and then it runs completely out. After I wait a few hours, I can turn on the faucet again, and its the same deal - water for 30-45 seconds, then none. Almost as if it needs a few hours to build up or something.

I am on a water well, and the pump, and pipe leading up to the well, were both replaced about 2 or so weeks ago. I do also have an extremely old water softener; a Culligan Mark 59. I tried bypassing the water softener with the "push to bypass" button, but there was no improvement. I didnt mess with any of the valves near the water softener in fear of breaking something (yes I'm a girl, and I dont know squat about plumbing). The outside faucets work perfectly fine!

I would like to see if its a DIY type of problem before I call someone out - after having that pump replaced, I'm a little short on cash to have someone out if I dont need to.