+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Post Removing Linseed from Wood Floors - Fire Hazard??

    HI Folks,

    Here is the situation: We're in the midst of trying to remove linseed from our 100 year old wood floors. The person who had applied it over 10 years ago poured on too much. It is in great black, sticky patches all over our second floor. We've been going at it with turpentine, but unless we use a paint sc****r and a hand orbital sander, it just isn't coming up. We had rented a power sander from HD, but it isn't getting the gunk up.

    Now we have turpentine all over the floors from yesterday. Is it safe to run big orbital sander from HD over it? The windows were open all night, but you can still smell turpentine. We don't want any "spontaneous combustion". Should we scrub the floors with soap and water and dry it before the sander?

    Last edited by Jen & Clarence; 08-26-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts