+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 20 Amp Recessed Receptacle?

Quote Originally Posted by MyMilan View Post
    Yes they are all on the same breaker, but I was going with 20 amp receptacles because I was afraid that a 15 would be the weak link and a possible fire hazard. I know that they under rate receptacles and others use 15 amp receptacles on 20 amp circuits, but I just felt safer keeping everything straight 20 amps. I'll be using all AFCI breakers too.
    Please let us know when you obtain an appliance or device that requires those 20 amp receps.

Smile Re: 20 Amp Recessed Receptacle?

Quote Originally Posted by brrichter View Post
    Please let us know when you obtain an appliance or device that requires those 20 amp receps.
    I suppose you thought you were being cute by posting that, but I already have need for at least some of them. I have a lot of high-end audio gear and an amplifier could easily use them, and I will be using more than one amplifier. I have been looking into getting two Marantz SA-15S2 amps which easily require 20 amp circuits. Same with the Bugera Btx36000 which requires 19 amps in its full glory, and some Crown amplifiers require 30 amp circuits, so I guess those receptacles won't be as "useless" as you think

Default Re: 20 Amp Recessed Receptacle?

Most 15A & 20A receptacles have the same 0.31" or 0.32" metal contacts.

P & S (PT 26352W) does have a 20A spec grade receptacle w/ 0.036" contacts. But, even that is no great improvement.

I don't know why this is but you strike me as a person who will pursue this further. Please post the results if you do.
    Last edited by The Semi-Retired Electric; 08-26-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Good Luck from Columbiana, Alabama
    Maurice Turgeon, Hidden Content