+ Reply to Thread

Default Need ideas for protecting walls from playful dogs

I am tired of repainting! Does anyone have any ideas for protecting paint from dirt and small scratches caused by playful dogs rubbing against painted walls? Or do you have ideas about an alternative surface for wainscot area that's not too expensive? I thought about wood, but it still scratches and is not cheap either. I wondered about coating the area with some satin polyurethane, but don't know if that's a good idea...plus still worry about the shine. Any ideas?

Default Re: Need ideas for protecting walls from playful dogs

We foster Jack Russell Terriers. So far we have found no solution aside from routine re-painting (before the woodwork gets damaged) and re-poly on the front door.

Mature dogs, lame dogs, and drug induced sedation seems to solve some of these problems.

That's what I've about concluded, but thought I would throw it out there in case someone had a burst of creativity. I guess unless someone has a better idea, I will keep the paint roller ready. Thanks!

The best solution is to use a high quality mill work paint, such as SW pro classic or Kelly-Moore Duro poxy. Both are water based and almost bullet proof. They clean very well and are avalible in satin or semi gloss. Have had seveal large dogs and no problems with the paint except for the window sills. Be very careful applying theses paints as they run very easily. Good Luck