+ Reply to Thread

Question Wall Hung Toilets

I have an dated bathroom that is in need of a new toilet which is a wall hung. I'm considering pulling it and having a standard installed, if plumbing permits on the lower level and wanted to ask the pros here their opinion first.

Been looking for affordable wall hung replacements but they are elusive.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Default Re: Wall Hung Toilets

Google 'wall mounted toilet' and you'll find a bunch of toilets, from $158 for a kohler. It would be more expensive to move the drain, stay with the wall mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Google 'wall mounted toilet' and you'll find a bunch of toilets, from $158 for a kohler. It would be more expensive to move the drain, stay with the wall mounted.
    Thanks for the reply.

I've googled for many months and for a decent unit it's about $700-$1500 which I'm fine with but will have to replace the wall mount and all the extra "unknowns" behind the tile. Since I'm cracking out the mud floor and walls new plumbing cost will be reduced for my sweat equity. I have 5 bathrooms in this house three complete rehabs two to complete.

I cannot imagine even considering a toilet for $158

if you want to install a $1,500 wall mounted toilet - go right ahead.

I just don't understand why you were asking for our opinions to help you find "affordable" toilet...

To me, and I'm sure for 99% of us, "affordable" toilet is in the $150-200 range - just like the Kohler kingston.

if you change from the wall hung to the floor mount you're going to be paying a fair amount to the plumber to redo the waste pipe. if you were to buy a nice $1,300 wall hung toilet and have it installed, 1-2 hours labor for a plumber, it will probably be cheaper than buying a cheap floor mount toilet and paying the plumber to redo the waste and someone else to patch the wall and fix (re-tile) the floor if necessary.

I think wall hung toilets could be the right option for every household who want to upgrade his or her toilet in an affordable manner.

from personal experience i would go with a Toto over kohler, crane, american standard or duravit.

Default Wall Hung Toilets

When it comes to toilets many people actually want to make it comfortable and attractive. And perhaps wall hung toilets could be a better option to fulfill any kind of requirement.

Jaylenn is right that's the way you should do it too.