+ Reply to Thread

Thread: leaky roof

Question leaky roof

Hope I am in the right place. I am 72 and need to remedy a problem join between my house and sunroom (added long after house built). The sunroom roof joins the wall of the house just below the house gutter. When the gutters are full of debris (I live in the middle of the woods)the water overflows and runs down the outside wall of the house into the sunroom. It makes a mess, not to mention might be damaging the house wall. I cannot get on the roof to clean the gutters and the roof of the sunroom is not made for walking on (aluminum). I tried flashing installed under the gutters to direct the water further down onto the sunroom roof. did not work. I need help. If I have to hire it done, I want to make sure that I have the right solution before I pay someone elso to do something that does not work.

Default Re: leaky roof

- You must keep your gutters clean, even if it means cleaning them more often than never. Can't do it yourself? hire a handyma
    - Second, you need to seal the area where the sunroom meets the exterior wall. Get some estimates from knowledgeable roofers. A new, correctly install flashing will help.

Default Re: leaky roof

Hi
    you need to clean the area.
    You can also seal the area where sunroof meets with wall.

Thanx