+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Okay to use flex water line instead copper pipe to dishwasher?

John,

True. I've never seen a dishwasher with the inlet on the right side. But since the exact location of the inlet varies slightly between the different washers, I can see how a custom copper tube won't fit a new dishwasher.

If you move a dishwasher away from the sink, you'll need a longer water supply line and a waste line.

[/QUOTE]

Good point. The supply line is easy with the 8 ft kit.
    The drain line would stump me if it was short. My Bosch DW's drain pipe is thin accordian frosted plastic, with rubber connector ends & clamps; they look iffy for 10-12 years service which I expect from the Bosch (assembled in the US with US & foreign parts).

I'm familiar with the Bosch drain line. Call Bosch and see if they make a longer drain line, when and if you need it, or fabricate an extention piece to tie into your existing drain hose.

I think you should get more than 12 years from your dishwasher. BTW, are you satisfied with its performance?

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Call Bosch and see if they make a longer drain line, when and if you need it, or fabricate an extention piece to tie into your existing drain hose.

I think you should get more than 12 years from your dishwasher. BTW, are you satisfied with its performance?
    (1) The drain line is plenty long, but the ends seem unique that it can't be patched.

(2) Cost pressures make manufacturers skimp, and heat does a number on the electronic components. happy to get 10-years; thrilled with 15 years.
    I had a base Sub-Zero frig (built 1996 $4,000, $7,000 today) still going strong, while my previous $1,000 electronic Kenmore DW (probably by KitchenAid) crapped out after 3 years.

(3) I had a Bosch in Calif, and a mid-line SS ($630) one here in VA (more plastic & less expensive). Both are quiet enough, and wash well. As a group, they are predictably as or more quiet than other brands at each price point. BUT, uninformed users are frustrated by the "natural dry" cycle (no electric dry) -- plastics like food containers are still fairly wet but earthware are nicely dried. People with hard water & non-phosphate detergent are also frustrated.
    For spot free drying, have to use Jet Dry.

I would buy anything Bosch Gmbh makes; the Germans have pride in designing & making top-end products (but are not mistake proof). Continental Tire, Miele, Braun, BMW, etc.

t_manero,

you're right about Bosch products, even though I like to buy 100% made in USA (parts too).

When I was 17, my uncle handed me an old, rusty ARIEL motorcycle and said: fix it and it's yours! With very limited funds, the first thing I did was to replace the spark plug with a new Bosch plug. Well, a few week later it was running, and very quickly I sold it, only to buy a used TRIUMPH. But I didn't keep it very long - I upgraded to a 4 wheel car...for safety concerns.