+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finding Face Plate for Crane Dial-ese Kitchen Sink Faucet

These old Crane sinks are still common enough here in the Adirondacks that plumbers can repair them and some plumbing supply stores have replacement faucet parts. What we can't find anywhere is a replacement for the angled plastic face plate that covers the big opening through which the faucet assembly is mounted. We're planning a remodel that will move the kitchen to the lakefront side of the house (our "back yard" is Eagle Lake), and would love to move the sink into the new kitchen (with a new, custom-built cabinet). But the old face plate is cracked down the middle and scratched and cloudy with age. Do you know of any source for a part like this? Many thanks for considering our question.

Default Re: Finding Face Plate for Crane Dial-ese Kitchen Sink Faucet

Try the manufacturer or plumb shop on line.

Just google "parts for crane kitchen faucet".

Yes, thanks, but the manufacturer has been out of business for years and the on-line Crane parts sources I've found (and I've spent hour after hour searching) offer faucet parts but not trim parts. I was hoping someone with restoration experience or special knowledge might have a lead on Crane trim parts.

I'm not so big on using old things, so I say replace the kitchen faucet.

It's cheaper for me to replace than to rebuild. That has been the American way ever since I remember it.

Again, thanks, but a new faucet won't fit on a Crane sink.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenephelpsjr View Post
    Again, thanks, but a new faucet won't fit on a Crane sink.
    I may be wrong but why can't you put another faucet on that sink? The only sink that I have ever seen that would require just one make faucet was a old metal kitchen cabinet and top that is no longer made.

John

That's exactly the situation with the old Crane sinks. The faucet is mounted in a large opening on a surface that is at a 45 angle, and requires a face plate (with properly spaced holes) to cover it -- no modern faucet can be mounted that way, nor does anyone make the custom-fitted face plates needed. I can't post a picture for you to see because the forum rejects even a 25 Kb JPEG, but trust me, I need a genuine original or reproduction Crane part to solve this problem. I was hoping that someone on this message board might be familiar with the classic Crane sinks and know of a source. Thanks.

I know what you are talking about. It may not be the best solution but you could try a metal shop to see if they can fabricate a trim piece for you. As far as I know, no one is now making those slanted parts.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Maybe it's time to retire the fuacet AND the sink?

stephenephelpsjr were you ever able to find a replacement for the angled plastic face plate that covers the big opening through which the faucet assembly is mounted? We have the same sink that you describe and are looking to replace that part. Also, were you able to find anywhere that has a faucet to work with the sink? We were able to find a place that looks to have parts to the original faucet and one option for the plastic piece deabath.com/Obsolet_Crane_Fct/obsolet_crane_fct. html, but I don't know about the price. (There is a space between the period and "html" because I cannot post links yet if you want to check it out)

I hope that you had some luck.