+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default I'm not afraid of snakes ...

But I don't know how one. My neighbor lent me his snake because my toilet seems to have something getting in the way of a good flush.

The problem - I don't know how to use it (and the neighbor is on vacation). I know there must be a method for getting this thing into that weird angle on the toilet, I just don't know what it is.

Anyone have any tips, videos or advice as to how to get this darn thing to work? It would be much appreciated.

p.s. I'm having problems uploading the photo I took. It's round and the snake part "unspools" from the wheelie thing - it has a metal arrow-head like tip.

I'll see if I can get another photo to work (unless you all know what I'm talking about).

Default Re: I'm not afraid of snakes ...

Check some demonstration vids on Youtube. Some of them are really funny too.

The ability to upload images from your computer seems to have been disabled by the admin. You'll have to either host them on-line somewhere or contact JLMCDANIEL and he'll post them for you.

Sadly, a regular snake probably isn't going to work well in your toilet, you need what is known as a toilet whip. As was recommended, check out YouTube for vids, you'll be surprised at what is there.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

To snake a toiler you need a toilet auger.

http://homerepair.about.com/od/plumb...let_clog_6.htm

John

As mentioned, you need a special toilet snake. If you look at the vids, you'll see that a toilet snake has plastic around the metal, to avoid damaging the toilet.

Important: If after snaking the toulet you still can't make the water to drain, then you have a line blockage. If this happens, write back. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Important: If after snaking the toulet you still can't make the water to drain, then you have a line blockage. If this happens, write back. Good luck.
    Possibly, but not necessarily. I've had many occasions where a child's toy, toothbrush, or other item was lodged in the neck of the toilet, which obviously catches the paper and solids, causing a slow drain. Also in these instances, no amount of plunger work or the use of a toilet whip would clear the problem. The fix was to pull the toilet, take it outside and back flush it with a hose and/or the snake to dislodge whatever was there.

Now, if one is certain that the toilet is not at fault, then a line clog would be indicated.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!