+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the best outdoor caulk to seal around windows in between concrete and windows

I have a cabin that needs to be caulked around the windows and would appreciate a suggestion with the best caulk that will not shrink and last for 10 years or more. I have used silicone, but its not suggested for porous materials, as with concrete, and I have used the latex caulk which is cheap and does not last, but its recommended. Not going with the cheap stuff and it does not need to be painted and I would like to get a different color besides clear or white!
    Suggestions?
    Thanks

Default Re: What is the best outdoor caulk to seal around windows in between concrete and win

I would recommend a beutyl or poly-beutyl type caulk. It does come in select colors and is far superior to silicone sealants. Big Stretch is one brand, there are others.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: What is the best outdoor caulk to seal around windows in between concrete and win

Big stretch (clean up with water). Or a polyurethane like Lexel, etc (lacquer thinner).
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

My favorits have been either Sonnenborn MP-1 or Vulkem. Both are urethanes. Very elastic, grip tenaciously and are paintable. Its heavy body allows you to close a rather large gap. They are both not water soluble though, requiring mineral spirits to clean up.

As stated above GO with Sonnenborn MP-1.

i would suggest you to use vulkem ... its very elastic ,, easily paintable and strong gripping
    it often comes in some selected colors and its not water soluble
    check this link >>> Hidden Content