Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and I'm hoping to get some advice. My husband and I just moved into a new apartment in an old Victorian home. Generally, the apartment is beautiful, except for one room: the bathroom. The bathtub is absolutely disgusting! It's discolored and pretty off-putting. What's worse is that one of the previous tenants painted the INSIDE of the bathtub! It flakes off and makes it so hard to clean because I really can't tell what's dirt and what's paint.

The landlord doesn't seem too keen on doing anything about it, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I have covered the bottom of the tub with some bath mats, but I really enjoy taking baths and the paint sometimes flakes off in the tub (gross!). I should also mention that my husband and I really aren't very handy at all. We're quite young and just starting out, so if you have any ideas please try to explain them clearly (like you were writing a "for dummies" book because, honestly, that's who you're dealing with here!).

Thanks in advance!

Kerry