+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painter Humor

Default Painter Humor

Some people have neen a little tough on me, and I have been a little tough on them. None of us are trying to be mean to the other. I think this joke says it all, and the advice you get here. Most of which is great advice.

How many painters does it take to paint a room???

One to do it, and four to tell him how they would have done it differantly.

Just remember this when you read the next reply to a post. Most of the advice is good, but we painters go differant ways to achieve the same goal, Quality

Default Re: Painter Humor

Two painters go fishing and find a honey hole. They pull in huge keepers with every cast. They soon catch their limit and the first painter says to the other, "this lake is huge, too bad we won't be able to find this spot again."

With that painter #2 jumps overboard and disappears below the water. A short time later he resurfaces and gets back in the boat.

Painter #1 - What the heck were you doing down there?
    Painter #2 - I marked this spot by painting big red X on the bottom of the boat.
    Painter #1 - You idiot! What if we don't get the same boat?

Just remember Tacoma, you started it!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

LMAO A.Spuce

We need to get the humor back on these forums. The core group of regulars used to riff off each other pretty good, kept the topics light.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

This really happened to me more than once:

"Dj, please paint a room yellow"
    - OK, you choose the yellow. Go down to the paint store and have them mix a gallon with your choice.

Then I painted the room.

"Oh, dj, it's not the yellow I wanted"
    - well, it's the one you chose!!!
    "I don't like it. Could you re-do it?"
    - sure, just get me the right yellow this time.

I painted the room second time. Again it was the wrong one.
    - why, you chose it?!
    "How can I tell how it will look by a 1"x2" sample?"

I raised my hands: please lady, just pay me for my labor now and get another painter. I'm not painting this room 3rd time, I'm out of here.

True story.

One of my clients was very prim and proper and always had a running Honey-Do list for me. On this particular occasion we're going through items in the guest bathroom, one of which was the handle inside the shower door was falling off. I stepped inside the shower to take a look, then I peered around the edge of the door and announced, "you know, Jane, you've got a screw loose". It took a second before a big grin appeared on her face when she realized the play on words she had just heard, the look of mock exasperation on my face probably helped.

Not long after, I was working at her son's house and I recanted the story to him. His first response was, "noooo, not my mother! You don't say things like that to my mother!"

Life goes by much more easily when you can joke about it.

Oh wait, this is supposed to be painter humor ... I'm not sure I've got any stories like that, most of the painters I've come across are pretty humorless.

I thought this was painter humor tread not painting horror thread. Ok I guess the horror stories do become humorous when you look back on them.

One of the first houses I painted the home owner bought the paint. Part of the paint was factory tinted and part was store tinted. Having been through this before with the same store I checked to make sure the two paints matched. Guess what, they did not. I boxed the paint together and painted his house. When I was done he accused me of using a differant color of paint on one side of the house than the rest. The house was a nice tan color but one side had a green hue to it. Any guesses where that green hue came from??? Maybe it was the sun reflecting off the leaves of a tree next to the house???

Ok story number two. The first house here in Washington I painted, working as the contrator, the home owner bought a color sample and put it on her house. I choose to use a differant paint company to supply the paint. Their sample did not come close to a match and she saw that. So I trying to get the job done quickly bought the paint from the company that supplied the original color. I know this color, I had used it before while working for another painting firm. The color was a factory mix. I got 3/4 of the house sprayed out and went home. I got a call from one very angery customer saying "that was not the color I choose". I very comley told her to take a sample out of my paint bucket and put it on her paint chip and see if it matches. Yes it did lol. Her paint sample, that she had put on, was 90 degrees from her house. The original color of the house had reflected on to the new color and gave it a much different hue. Oops

Too funny.

I agree with spruce...we need more jokes around here. With all the thousands of people here, we ought to come up with some good ones.

More humor here with great jokes WOULD be nice.....but, alas....there's a lot of painters' here.....

(hee-hee!)

Faron