I bought my house 10 months ago which has a fairly recently remodeled bathroom with Travertine floors, tub surround and stand up shower. I didn't notice any problems when we bought it but now 10 months later, the tile on the shower floor is severely "pitted" - particularly right around the drain and in the grout line intersections around the drain. It seems obvious that it's due to the additional water that pools in these areas. The rest of the shower floor shows some minor pitting but not nearly as severe as the areas mentioned. I've read on another forum countertopspecialty.com that moisture problems with Travertine are almost always due to moisture getting behind the tile and that there's not much you can do once it starts happening. They also recommended against sealing Travertine in a shower. However, I asked the guy at one of the big box stores and he said it was most likely due to hard water and he recommended filling the pitting with grout and sealing the tile. Anyone had this problem before or have any advice? Thanks!