+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: ideas for glass in front door

Oh and they will probably have multiple Craftsman style designs.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I was also thinking of suggesting spring loaded hinge on the bedroom door, so that it will be kept close although kids running all over. Putting up curtain is also good option. It will add into your room decoration.

if you want the complete hiding then best thing is you can have wooden frame windows that will be best and can be framed with black glasses nobody can disturb you with that and it will protect room from dust
    check this link >>> Hidden Content

I think applying window treatment directly to the glass can create filtered light and a diffused view. Bare windows not only look unsightly but also offer little privacy, as almost anyone can peer into your home at night if you have your lights on.

I am a window tinter and graphic artist for flat glass in Wisconsin and can tell you yes we still use solution to put it on. You will get air trapped beneath your film if you do not. A wet application is essential! Hire a professional in your area for the application even if you purchase it yourself. Also, don't precut your film to fit, you will get gaps and be unhappy with the results so cut the excess off after it has been applied instead. Use a painters 5way (plastic straight edge with a handle) and a box cutter with a very sharp break away blade. A dull knife will pull and may cause the film to tear.

You can call if you have questions or anything. 608-284-8100. Tint is a wonderful product but there are also so many decorative films out there that many homeowners and architechts know nothing about-and it is a shame. Check out SOLYX.com for thousands of alternative ideas to curtains.

But really, even if you buy the product yourself, hire a professional tinter to put it on. You will be glad you did....or buy 3X as much as you think you will need so you can practice. PS removal isn't so fun.

3M makes a lot of different window films that go way beyond just tint.
    Personally I like the idea of having a stained glass insert made.

If a frosted window won't offend you and the glass is easily removable, take it out and have someone do a quick sand-blast on it. Again if it's easily removable, it will be easier to do any glass treatment with the glass out instead of in the door.

Phil

I love the idea of having glass in the front door looks more refreshing and elegant too. Just need a professional service to properly have the installation of that glass doors.

Stepan

Another option is to contact someone who makes vinyl-lettered signs and graphics like you see in store windows. There are adhesive vinyl films that are translucent; you could have a decorative design cut and affixed to the window. It could give the appearance of etched glass, and when you're tired of that pattern, remove it and affix a cutting of a different pattern.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

RustOleum also makes a spray can of frosting paint. I have had this on the side light by my front door. The wife complained that anyone coming to the door could look right through the house to the family room patio door. Several light coats and it looks just like frosted glass. It has been up for several years now and still looks good.