+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beadboard

Default Beadboard

Does anyone know if the quality of beadboard you find at Lowe's is any good? I've looked at it and it looks cheap. Thanks!

Default Re: Beadboard

I have the Masonite bead board which is pre primed, I used it to finish a closet. It takes paint well. I would rate it as a good cosmetic material. It is not a good product for a wet areas or areas that will take abuse.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I too have used a similar product on one wall in my bathroom and have not had any issues. If it will be used in a bathroom, make sure to generously paint it to help seal out moisture. Lowes probably also sells actual beadboard paneling, but you would have to consider the added thickness, additional cost and additional labor.

if you want a higher grade of beadboard that can take more abuse such as for in a kids playroom you will have to go through a trim supplier that makes all their trim out of a higher density mdf as oppposed to that sold in a big box store.

if your installing it in a bathroom. skip the mdf all together. keep it out of wet areas period. upgrade to pine
    fire up the saw and make some dust