+ Reply to Thread

Default How to ventilate a windowless bathrm in a coop building?

Any ideas on how to ventilate a windowless bathroom in a 150 unit coop building, I own my unit?

There is vent that draws air out and up to the roof located in the shower, but that is it. The bathroom gets VERY steamy even if you take a warm shower and leave the door open, which is fine if one lives alone. I have thought of adding a transom above the door to increase airflow and allow steam to escape. I have 8 ft ceilings. Any ideas? Bathroom measures approx 7 x 5.

Default Re: How to ventilate a windowless bathrm in a coop building?

How old is the building? Normally older buildings rely on the wind to create a vacuum to draw out the air in your bath. Its a passive system that you found doesn't work too well. You can add a powered vent fan to that exhaust or add positive air pressure to the bathroom to force the exhaust vent to work harder.

Default Re: How to ventilate a windowless bathrm in a coop building?

Cheapest and easiest route is to get yourself a personal sized fan, somewhere between 8" and 16". When you're finished with your bath, you turn on the fan to circulate the bathroom air with "fresh" air from the rest of the apartment. The larger the fan, the faster the exchange rate. Fans of this nature run $10 to $35. This will dry the bathroom nicely.

Look up Patton Fan, desktop fan.

I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!