+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Old back door HELP!

I have an old back door that is falling apart. It is a custom door so It has been hard to find. Do you have any suggestions? It it falling apart so much that it is almost unsafe. I just had a baby and it is really nerve recking. The measurements are 71" tall and 30" tall. We got an estimate and they said it would cost 1165 dollars for a new one.

Default Re: Old back door HELP!

Have you considered disassembling the door, cleaning and re-gluing?

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Nope. I had no idea you could take the door apart and put it back together. How do I upload pictures on here? Then I can put up a picture for you to see.

Please keep in mind that not all old doors can be reconditioned, cause some may be beyond repair due to dry rot, termite damage and so on, in which case a new door will just make more sense.

BTW, for a back door, try to shop around and maybe you can do better than your first estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrickskaty View Post
    I have an old back door that is falling apart. It is a custom door so It has been hard to find. Do you have any suggestions? It it falling apart so much that it is almost unsafe. I just had a baby and it is really nerve recking. The measurements are 71" tall and 30" tall. We got an estimate and they said it would cost 1165 dollars for a new one.
    I would definitely look for cheaper options, such as a salvage yard or utilizing a different type of door. Are you trying to replace just the door slab or the frame too? If you change out the entire frame, is there room to install a standard sized door?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

hendrickskaty e-mail pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com Include TOH PIC in the subject line and your TOH user name. I'll post the pictures for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

if you are financially strong right now then you must have repairing of the door, and if its too costly then you must look for a cheaper door for its sustitute
    check this link >>> Hidden Content