+ Reply to Thread

Thread: electrical

Exclamation electrical

question, this old house that i just purchased ( 1960) ,the wiring is on the out side of the ceiling run thru a little pipe to connect to the outlets for celing fans and lighting over the dining room, i want to fix this to run thru the celining, how can i fix this problem:

Default Re: electrical

Please rewrite your post, it is hard to understand. What do you mean by outside the ceiling? What do you want to accomplish?

Default Re: electrical

Keith, I think the question was: how do you run a wire, which is in an exposed conduit, in the ceiling, to make it invisible?

Sullivan, Answer: You 'fix' this problem by re-routing the wires. The degree of difficulty doing that depends on the locations of the fans and dinning room light and the direction of the joists. If you have a difficult situation and you need to run the new wire through the joists, call an electrician.

Wink Re: electrical

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan2 View Post
    question, this old house that i just purchased ( 1960) ,the wiring is on the out side of the ceiling run thru a little pipe to connect to the outlets for celing fans and lighting over the dining room, i want to fix this to run thru the celining, how can i fix this problem:
    the wires are running on the outside of ceiling, not up in the atic as to where they should be. the previous owner ran it like this due to the atic has very little crawl space !