+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bar Top Epoxy

Hybrid View

Default Bar Top Epoxy

I recently poured a bar top epoxy on a new bar I built in my basement. The finish of the epoxy looks fantastic, but it is almost too perfect. The finish is not tacky in any way shape or form, but plates and glass cups seem to "stick" to the surface. Again, it isn't tacky, but it's almost as if it's too smooth of a surface that the plate makes a perfect seal. Is there something I need to do to either polish the surface or sand down the surface without taking away from the smooth, clear appearance?

Default Re: Bar Top Epoxy

I should add to this comment that it is hot surfaces that stick to the epoxy bar top. If I have a hot plate or something, it will adhere to the bar top. I can pry it off, or I suppose once the plate cools perhaps it would come off easily. Does anyone have any ideas on how to combat this? Or is it simply a matter of using coasters and place mats?

Default Re: Bar Top Epoxy

How long ago did you do it? Was it a two part epoxy? It may just be matter of time for it to cure. Most products take 30 days to cure. Need more info. Call the manufacture and see what they say.
    Last edited by Tacoma John; 07-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.