Hi guys, this is my first major home renovation project so I could really use some help.

So here goes: I gutted my bathroom and installed hardiebacker cement board. Now, I know that thin-set should be used to seal the seams between CBU, so I went out to the nearby Lowes to pick some up. Unfortunately, none of the things I saw on Lowes site were actually sold in the store, so I ended up picking up something totally different. What I got is Totalflex Universal Mortar, by TEC Skill Set. The stuff is latex modified and exceeds ANSI A118.4 and A118.11, so I was planning on using it for the tile as well. However, after doing the seams with it yesterday, I'm having doubts. Is the product I bought a thin-set, or is it a mortar? Is there a difference between the two? And I also read something about latex modified thin-set requiring a very long period to fully dry and cure. Am I still on the right track or did I mess up by getting the Totalflex? Thanks everyone.