+ Reply to Thread

Default I can't get handle off of single handle kitchen faucet

Hi everyone,

I have a leaky sprout on a Delta single handle kitchen faucet. I removed the screw (I believe it's called an allen screw) to remove the facuet handle but it won't come off. I don't want to tug on it because I might mess something up but am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Default Re: I can't get handle off of single handle kitchen faucet

You might have some corrosion holding the handle down. The screw that you just removed is a retaining screw. Using a small hammer (don't use a sledge hammer), tap at the base of the handle, then jiggle it a little bit. It should come off.

Of course, at anytime that you feel you can't do it, just call a local plumber for help.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Using a small hammer (don't use a sledge hammer), tap at the base of the handle, then jiggle it a little bit. It should come off.
    Thanks dj1. I tapped the base of the handle with my screw driver and it loosened it where I could pull it off. I appreciate your advice

I replaced all the parts with new ones and the only thing that seems off is that it's really tight in there. I can feel some resistance when I use the handle but I don't know if that's normal because it was bad before I fixed it. Maybe it's the rubber seats that might be too big. I'm not sure but at least it isn't dripping.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelgnocchi View Post
    Thanks dj1. I tapped the base of the handle with my screw driver and it loosened it where I could pull it off. I appreciate your advice

I replaced all the parts with new ones and the only thing that seems off is that it's really tight in there. I can feel some resistance when I use the handle but I don't know if that's normal because it was bad before I fixed it. Maybe it's the rubber seats that might be too big. I'm not sure but at least it isn't dripping.

Michael
    Inside the cap nut that holds the ball and cap washer in place there is a tension nut that may have to be loosened. There should be a tool that that comes with the repair kit for that.

John