+ Reply to Thread

Default bath mat for re-glazed tub

Recently had both bathtubs re-glazed. I need bath mats to lay in bottom of tubs that do not have suction cups (which will damage enamel). Need specific product/brand name suggestions.

Default Re: bath mat for re-glazed tub

Last fall we went to China, and we bought a good quality bathtub mat, which we use. After every use it has to be picked up to dry.
    No suction cups, no slip and fall.

Fortunately you don't need to go to China, unless you want to see the country. Everything China makes is available here.

Can you recommend a specific brand, store or on-line site to purchase a mat with no suction cups, does not slip & is comfortable to stand on in barefeet?

The process that you are calling "reglazing" is really a repainting process with a two part epoxy. Unless you hauled your bathtubs to a factory where your tubs were sandblasted and then put through a firing process your tubs were painted. This epoxy will last about 7 to 10 years assuming that you use non abrasive cleaners. Virtually any bath mat with or without suction cups will wear the paint out. I've used this process on about 12 of my tubs at my apartment building and they look great for a while but ordinary wear and tear will wear out the paint. Safety is important so it the mats wear out the paint in 7 years just repaint them.

Quote Originally Posted by JHorgan View Post
    Can you recommend a specific brand, store or on-line site to purchase a mat with no suction cups, does not slip & is comfortable to stand on in barefeet?
    No, I can't recommend, but if I were looking, I'd go to bath supply sites or bath supply stores.