+ Reply to Thread

Default Crack in Bathroom Sink

I have a crack in the porcelian sink in my bathroom. I am not sure what happened, looks like something fell on it. There is a hole in the middle with spidery cracks going away from it. I cant really afford to replace the whole sink at this time so was looking for suggestions on what to use to repair the hole, just so the sink does not leak into my cabinet. I bought some Rustoleum Leak seal Felxible rubber coating that comes in a spray can so see if I put it on underneath the sink to stop it from leaking.

Does anyone have any better ideas that are economical? I really dont care what it looks like after, just want a quick fix until I can afford another sink.

I tried to upload a pic of the crack but was unable to

Thank you for any help
    Chris

Default Re: Crack in Bathroom Sink

Sealants, caulkings, epoxies - they all work for a short time and eventually fail. Replace the sink. Short on money? don't get the most expensive sink in the store.

It is a sink/vanity combo and I am not sure I can just replace the sink. I got this one for i think around 200 - 250 when I bought it in 05 or 06. cant remember now. The sink is mounterd under the counter.

Thanks
    Chris

It's your call.

Without seeing your vanity, the sink can be replaced. Worst case scenario - replace the vanity. If you have a leak, it will eventually ruin the cabinet (and other things too). Things like these happen, they are parts of home ownership.