I am replacing my sprinkler timer with a new timer.
The old timer plugs into an outlet that is not a GFCI outlet. The outlet is on the exterior wall within arm's reach of the main panel.
Can I replace the appropriate breaker with a GFCI breaker instead of a GFCI outlet, and what would that involve?

Thanks for your help.