+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Question Help

I have two questions, please help. On one of the shows, you showed the use of a reticulating pump to get hot water to a distance bathroom sink.I have this same problem. The one used had a push button mounted on the front of the vanity to activate. What model and brand was this? I can not find one like it anywhere. Everything I find mounts at the water heater. Second, I had to change out the sump pump as the old one stopped working. No problem in doing this. But now when it runs it causes the toilet to bubble. I noticed it has a much higher GPM rating. Can I install a second valued pipe on the outlet of the pump (back into the well) to reduce the flow out and get rid of the toilet bubbling? Thank You so much..

Default Re: Help

Question number one- I believe the one shown on the show was the chilliepepper recirculating pump but another one is the www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-PQtbjZUg0

Question number two-No, you can not pump water from a sump pump into a well if it is used as potable water.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Exclamation Re: Help

Thanks Jack. The term "well" here means the hole the sump pump is in not a ground well.

Can you pipe the discharge from the sump to the outside?

Jack

No I can not discharge it outside. I thought if I would just add the T and value to the side I could reduce the pressure and rate of discharge some back into the sump pump hole a little and stop the bubbling in the stool. The new pump has about three times the discharge rate as the old one did.

Or drill a hole in the discharge, start with a small one perhaps. A T might end up acting like a siphon similar to a jet pump and pick up more water.

Jack

Smile Final reply

I have chose the "HOT WATER LOBSTER". Easy and no electrical connections. I am deverting part of the water on the sump pump, back to the pump hole with a side value. This reduces the pressure and allows the pump to run a little longer. Thanks