+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default full bath plumbing diagram help

anyone able to draw a full bathroom plumbing diagram i could use for the ground work rough in (slab on grade. i have an idea but wanted to see it on paper and verify fittings etc.....

it will be shower/tub, then toilet, then sink in a line......
    thanks.

i have a diagram but cant get it to download here

Talking Re: full bath plumbing diagram help

Keep in mind this is how many of us on this forum make a living to feed our family's. Giving advice on repairs is one thing but doing a drawing so you can do the job using our knowledge that has taken some time to acquire is asking to much.

John

Default Re: full bath plumbing diagram help

May I strongly suggest that you hire a licensed, bonded and insured plumber to do the rough, after you had plans submitted, approved and permitted by your local building department. Your building inspector will ask you who did the rough before he/she signs it off.

This is not a job for the inexperienced.

i was merely looking for clarification of fittings- mainly if 45's were liked over 90's.......
    the project is permitted and covered accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by gwilkrrs View Post
    anyone able to draw a full bathroom plumbing diagram i could use for the ground work rough in (slab on grade. i have an idea but wanted to see it on paper and verify fittings etc.....

it will be shower/tub, then toilet, then sink in a line......
    thanks.

i have a diagram but cant get it to download here
    Sorry if I misunderstood you but I was going by your post saying you were looking for a full bath drawing.

John

i can understand this-
    i was just trying to lay out all facts- items in bathroom. i suppose my wording and sentence structure could have been cleaner.....

Quote Originally Posted by gwilkrrs View Post
    i can understand this-
    i was just trying to lay out all facts- items in bathroom. i suppose my wording and sentence structure could have been cleaner.....
    OK, lets start over. If you have a specific question I will try to help you out.

John

my drawing (aproved) has 90's shown instead of 45's for the horizontal run. i thought water-solids would flow better in sweeping turns instead of right turns? the drawing also has the main waste line at 4" where i thought 3" would have been better.... maybe i shouldnt question these items...

A 3" line is all that is required if it's just for one bath. In fact it could serve two. It is common practice to increase the line to 4" once it exits the building. As far as horizontal 90's some areas allow them. But two 45's would be better or you could use a sweep. Which is a 90 but it makes a slower turn.

John