+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Softner

Default Water Softner

Hi, I am going to be installing a water softner in my home, I have a 1" supply line that feeds the house and reduces down for each room supplied. Should I stay with 1" to feed the water softner? I know I need a bypass before the softner. What size expansion tank would be required for a home of 1800 sq ft? Do I need to the tank before or after the water softner and is a bypass reccommened before the tank?

Default Re: Water Softner

Quote Originally Posted by ed72073 View Post
    Hi, I am going to be installing a water softner in my home, I have a 1" supply line that feeds the house and reduces down for each room supplied. Should I stay with 1" to feed the water softner? I know I need a bypass before the softner. What size expansion tank would be required for a home of 1800 sq ft? Do I need to the tank before or after the water softner and is a bypass reccommened before the tank?
    If you are talking about a pressure tank (bladder tank) for a well system, the bigger the tank the less the pump has to recycle and the more reserve you have if the power goes off. The bladder tank should be before the softener.

Most softeners come with a bypass valve, the size of the connecting pipe would be determined by what the softener requires.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb