+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Central Brass Faucets NEVER BUY ONE!

I just wanted to warn all you folks to AVOID the brand Central Brass for faucets.

I have had them in my home for years and I have spent A LOT of money repairing them.

Nowadays most faucet companies offer some sort of warranty on their valves and faucets. Granted for the original owners and it has to be residential. But at least you do this job ONCE and then maybe replace a valve now and then.

Central Brass offers a 1 year warranty and that's it. The Ceramic Stems they sell are designed to be sold through plumbing supply houses and through plumbers.

A valve for my bathroom sink was around $30.OO !!!

And Central Brass didn't even RESPOND to my emails I sent them to offer them to take the old valve and see why they break.

Now the HOT SIDES are what go the fastest.

Personally I would AVOID CENTRAL BRASS FAUCETS.

Buy a Delta, American Standard, Kohler...or anything BUT NOT Central Brass. All the major faucet companies offer a Lifetime Warranty of some sort.

Central Brass essentially leaves with a nice hunk of brass for the recycle bin and doesn't believe in its own products to warrant them.

AVOID CENTRAL BRASS FAUCETS....they are a waste of money and your time!

Default Re: Central Brass Faucets NEVER BUY ONE!

Don't get mad - get Delta, Peerless or Moen instead !

Lifetime guarantee, quick service, dependable products.
    What else can you ask for from a plumbing fixture company?

Default Re: Central Brass COSTS TOO MUCH to OWN AND OPERATE. Parts are EXPENSIVE!

I don't know about Peerless or Moen, some of those don't look that strong. And Peerless I have no experience with. Delta looks better. They have much better support.

Central Brass that company doesn't care that much about the end user. Maybe they are set up to provide a profit center for plumbers??

I was looking at Kohler and American Standard as well. I think I need to get all brass body faucets from here on.

I hate fixing the same thing over and over again, like with Central Brass. Even a Central Brass faucet with washers. I had those too. You add up the costs of the SEATS which go fast too and it's cheaper to rip out the Central Brass and go with Delta!

Central Brass COSTS TOO MUCH to OWN AND OPERATE. Parts are EXPENSIVE!

Default Re: Central Brass Faucets NEVER BUY ONE!

Go with dj1's advice and use Delta. Been using them for over 30 years.

John