+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iron fencing

Default iron fencing

My house was built in 1895. We have some sort of iron fencing up around half of the house, its in good condition. We were told that it could be worth 70-80 thousand dollars the way that it sits. We also have several radiator heaters. We were hoping some one here may be able to give us a little insight as to how much it may be worth, and if anyone knows of any companys that maybe willing to buy any of it? all are original as far as i know. located in Indiana...... Thank You

Default Re: iron fencing

Start with the local historical commission to see who, if anyone, is in the market for the stuff. Wraught iron doesn't ship well.
    Last edited by HoustonRemodeler; 06-26-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Just a guess but I think the price you were given was about 10 times what it should be, more likely 7 to 8 thousand dolars if you have at least 300 feet in good shape and you can find the right buyer. Personally I would keep it with the house.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If I truely thought I had an $80K fence around my house, I couldn't sleep at night worrying about who would make off with it!

Do you have any photos of the fencing?