We bought our house in November and we were going to redo the flooring in most of the whole house. But wanted to do it inside our budget! Mind you we have a 3600sq ft house! I was sitting and reading some magazines when this idea popped into my head, "Why not just paint the floor in the kitchen/dining room?" I then got on the internet and started doing some research.

Of course my question is how do I paint my laminate floor? At a friends house they had some plywood painted and it looked kinda neat I thought. I am no pro but that's what the flooring looks like under the laminate flooring we have. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they would do? Has anyone had experience doing this?

I thought I might add that some of the laminate is loose if not most of it in the kitchen/dining area. There is no bubbles or wrinkles or anything along those lines. Except when my Kirby goes across the floor it pulls it up in many spots. The master bathroom floor had water damage but is fine now except the fact that the laminate flooring is curling and peeling up. Thought to just pull it up and paint floor that looks like plywood.