+ Reply to Thread

Default wiring a wall sconce

I am considering lighting a media room (read: repurposing a bedroom with a BIG TV) with wall sconces. I do not have wiring to those locations. Is this a big expensive job for an electrician?

Default Re: wiring a wall sconce

That is a loaded question kkell, not knowing what wiring you have, the location, what is above and below the location etc. But generally that would be considered a small job.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Just because you want to install a sconce or two, don't think that the job is not involved. This is a job for an electrician or for a very knowledgable DIYer.

Prices? they vary a lot from area to area, therefore you need to call local pros for estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by kkell View Post
    I am considering lighting a media room (read: repurposing a bedroom with a BIG TV) with wall sconces. I do not have wiring to those locations. Is this a big expensive job for an electrician?
    If the existing wiring does not lend itself to rewiring , or is too expensive, you might want to consider hanging the sconces above existing receptacles yourself and plug into them.

You may be able to find a sconce that is dimmed and controlled by a remote. If you set the same code into all the sconces, one remote will control all of them at once. Fan controllers work great.
    Good Luck from Columbiana, Alabama
    Maurice Turgeon, Hidden Content