+ Reply to Thread

Default Removing an all in one bathtube faucet and handles?

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to remove my bathtub's faucet and handle. Most of the vids I've seen have them separate and mounted to the wall as opposed to all-in-one on the tub itself. Really need to replace it since the middle handle for the shower is very hard to, downright refuses to turn off. Can anyone advice please?
    Last edited by kai; 06-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Removing an all in one bathtube faucet and handles?

What make is your faucet? please describe in details.

- do you have hot, cold and a diverter?
    - do you have a spout to the tub?

If yes, and if the diverter (that diverts water to the shower head) is hard to turn, you will need to replace the diverter's stem.

The model is the one on this site:

tremercati.co.uk/THERMOSTATIC-DECK-BATH-SHOWER-MIXER-COMPLETE-WITH-KIT-SHOWER-OUTLET-ONLY-Product-57.html

I don't know if you'd consider it a diverter since the knob (in the middle) only turns one way and that's only for the shower. The handles on either side opens water through the spout.

Hot and cold for the faucet and then the middle knob which turns counter clockwise to let water out of the shower head.

I see that this faucet collection is sold in the UK.

Regardless, if your hot and cold rotate easily and don't leak, you may be able to get by with reconditioning your old diverter or replacing it.

You will need special tools to remove the old diverter out and plumber's grease for the old stem.. If you can't do it, now it's not the time to learn how to do it, get a professional plumber to do it for you.

Make sure the water supply to the faucet is turned off. Have a replacement diverter stem ready if the old diverter is shot.

Yeah...Looks like I'll have to call a plumber after all. Thank you anyway.