+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default toilet water supply is hot

    I just moved in to a 5 year old house. The toilet on the first floor has hot water in the tank. When I have guest and the toilet is flushed 4 or 5 times, the water gets very hot and creates lots of steam. I called the builder and said I believe the hot supply is connected to the tank instead of the cold supply. He said that was impossible and refused to come and look at the toilet. Is there any other explanation? Also, the basement is finished so I cannot see the supply pipes leading to the first floor basement. I need a second opinion before I have someone open up my finished basement ceiling.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,103

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    From what you are describing, there is no doubt that the tank is connected to the hot supply line. Get your plumber to open the basement ceiling to verify and to make the necessary repair.

    Now as far as the builder: even though he's no longer legally responsible, his refusal to come and look puzzles me. If I were the builder, I would want to see the mess my plumber sub contarctor did, for future refernece.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    2,371

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    You'd be surprised how many times things like this happen. Since the pipes are all identical, its easy to mix them up unless you are paying attention. Your better plumbers pay attention.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,486

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    This is a test
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,486

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    This is a test
    This is only a test
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,486

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Sorry for the above posts, this F'ing site has been sending my posts to be moderator approved rather than posting as they should be. These have just been text messages too, no links, pics, no nothing!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,103

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Sorry for the above posts, this F'ing site has been sending my posts to be moderator approved rather than posting as they should be. These have just been text messages too, no links, pics, no nothing!
    I see that it's been happening more and more frequently. My computer knowledge is limited, but I'm sure there's a way to improve this. Do Jack and jkirk know?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,486

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    I see that it's been happening more and more frequently. My computer knowledge is limited, but I'm sure there's a way to improve this. Do Jack and jkirk know?
    My suspicion is that it is admin settings that our Mods don't have access to. I just think that it's a bit crappy that good, relevant posts are being flagged for no reason. I could understand it if the post has external links, but these did not.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,103

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    My suspicion is that it is admin settings that our Mods don't have access to. I just think that it's a bit crappy that good, relevant posts are being flagged for no reason. I could understand it if the post has external links, but these did not.
    If the ADMINISTRATOR(S) is/are reading these comments, he/she/they should modify the filtering devices !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,486

    Default Re: toilet water supply is hot

    Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    If the ADMINISTRATOR(S) is/are reading these comments, he/she/they should modify the filtering devices !
    But they don't and they won't, no matter how much you bitch and complain to them. I'm surprised they relented to having live mods.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •