+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Re: portable air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Some portable air conditioners have one hot air exhaust hose, and some have two air hoses. One for air intake and one for hot air exhaust. A single-hose portable air conditioner will take air from the room that it is in, cool it, and return most of that air back into the room.
    Actually the two air hose units work the same as the one, except the extra hose helps with evaporation. I called the company that makes mine and they did not have a clue what the second hose was for (since the first hose was not for air intake) but after taking with an engineer for a round an hour we deduced that it was to help with the self evaporation feature.

Hi everyone, I am living in a 34 years old house. My house still in good condition as I work hard in its maintenance. Today I am looking for portable air conditioning for my house.
    check this link >>> Hidden Content

Default Re: portable air conditioning

I'm wondering what negative pressure is when speaking of ventilation and can it have a bad effect to a house or it's residents?

Post Re: portable air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by l.bro View Post
    I'm wondering what negative pressure is when speaking of ventilation and can it have a bad effect to a house or it's residents?

None of the companies that I have ever talked with has ever heard of this 'negative' pressure effect. Negative pressure refers to a vacuum, which would attract dust and dirt, shortening a units durability. In fact most 2 hose units are actually in essence 3 hose. If you look closely at those units the hot air is exhausted from one hose, the units dehumidifier uses another, and the rooms air is sucked in by another inlet which is always filtered. Make sure this filter is rinsed and cleaned on a regular basis and you'll be fine.