+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default replacing leaking deck

I have a deck that also doubles as roof for a room below and it leaks and needs to be replaced. I plan on using plywood for the deck and I am leaning towards Gaco deck to waterproof it. I read in one of the other posts that you suggested painting or at least sealing the underside and the edges I assume. What would be good for that. Next item will be the railings, I live in the foothills of California below the snow line. My plan is the apply paint, sealant or what ever to all parts before I install them. I am at a loss as what would the best thing to use. My original idea was to paint it all and then cover it with a U.V. resistant product. I would like what ever I do last forever, short of that as long as possible with minimal attention. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank You Dave
    Last edited by davkor; 06-06-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: word i wrong place....proofreadings lives on

Default Re: replacing leaking deck

if you want change the deck or the roof then i think plywood is not a better option.You have to use some hard thing like steel roof or if you can use the iron roof then it will be the best option for the deck of the roof.