+ Reply to Thread

Default Poor water flow only from hot water faucet at one sink

We've had low water flow at our kitchen sink for several years. Hubby replaced the faucet and it didn't get any better. He installed a different faucet and we now have decent flow from the cold but it's still lousy from the hot. All the other outlets in the house are fine. The house is 62 years old. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Default Re: Poor water flow only from hot water faucet at one sink

There are several components in your plumbing line on its way to the faucet. Now that you know that your problem is not in the faucet, you can concentrate on the other components.

Under the sink, there is the hot flex supply line coming off an angle stop valve, which sits on a nipple stemming out the wall.

I bet you have steel galvanized nipple which is clogged. Replace the nipple, the angle stop and the flex supply line, then see if the condition improves.

that was a perfect answer

Thank you! I've passed the information on to my husband. It may be awhile before he can get to it, but hey, I've waited this long for a solution, I guess I can wait a bit longer. I'll let you know if this solves the problem. Sure sounds logical to me.

Pat

One more step to take in the while-you're-at-it department;

When the hot water fill hose is disconnected with the cold water still turned on, place bucket under the hot water inlet tube and turn on the cold water at the faucet set at the warm position. This will make the cold water flush the faucet out backwards, sending any gunk out the hot fill hose and into the bucket.