Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where can I buy a Cheap battery for my sony?

Where can I buy a Cheap battery for my sony? is I have a laptop Sony VGP-BPS13A / S has already told me goodbye. I do not even 5 minutes is difficult. I looked on the official sony, but not available and the price seems excessive to me (60 €). A friend told me to take the opportunity to buy a battery that is better, but ... would be unofficial, right? ? Could use a better one? ? Could you suggest any site that is legit? I'm not an expert, so I come to you. I've seen some with 8 or 12 cells, with more power, etc ... What does this mean? ? Are they better? ? I can trust? How about the website: **************.com
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 06-04-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Default Re: Where can I buy a Cheap battery for my sony?

Start by calling Sony and ask which batteries fit into it and what they recommend. Write down those part numbers and start web searching.

That true only Sony will recommend this and go for original no matter how much it costs but this will gives you satisfaction and guarantee too.

Google "laptop batteries" and you will get a wide selection of places to buy replacement batteries. Look for the number of stars in the ratings and stay with hte ones that have plenty of reviews that are 4 stars or higher and you will do OK.

I buy my replacement batteries for my Apple MacBook from an after market internet supplier and am very happy with them (newertech.com) but they only do apple products.

To get you started, here is a link to a 5 star rated company with over 50 reviews. I have not done business with them so I cannot personally vouch for them, but I'd look there, and any other 4 star rated companies with more than 50 reviews and compare prices.

I would stick with the OEM 6 cell type for fit and weight reasons.

BTW, Sony buys batteries from several sources and puts their name on them, so the odds are that you could end up with a battery that comes off the same assembly line that Sony uses. There aren't that many manufacturers.

You guys do realize that this was a spammer, right?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

The OP is not in the USA/Canada. Not even in Mex.

The moderators should spring into action.

I trust too many people

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    I trust too many people
    Your first clue should have been someone coming to a construction forum asking about laptop batteries.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Your first clue should have been someone coming to a construction forum asking about laptop batteries.
    Second clue was the price (60 EUROS).

Third clue was the website:***********

Not that we can't answer a question like this, but this forum is not the place for it. What's next? fashion questions?
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 06-04-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    What's next? fashion questions?
    You mean like does this toolbelt match my boots?