I'm in the process of fixing up an old 1880's stage coach house that suffered severe fire damage two years ago and sat vacant since then. As a result of the fire fighting efforts the house also sustained significant water damage to the basement and i'm still working to remedy these issues.

The basement is 3 courses brick on the north face and wet set stone for the other three (approximately 21" thick) the first step in renovating was completely gutting the old basement down to the foundation, reframing with 2x6 and spray foaming (2") then insulating / drywall. The north face of the foundation is above grade but the rest are below and it seemed much of the moisture at the time was due to condensation on the walls. Since then i am still noticing a lot of moisture coming in through the floor, the previous owner had dug out a crawlspace under the house to install supports and help deal with the moisture problem pre fire.

I have two 600SF foam kits left from doing the basement and i'm wondering if my best bet is to spray foam the entire ceiling of the crawl space. If so do i have to worry about moisture being trapped between the spray foam and the floor joists / supports?

I have also heard i should spray foam all the walls of the crawl space but not the ceiling.

What is the best way to go in terms of efficiency / moisture??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!