View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of TOH (see choices below)

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A" (Bright breakfast bar)

26 12.04%
  • COVER "B" (Green cabinets, light floors)

55 25.46%
  • COVER "C" (White cabinets, dark floors)

135 62.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

They're all awful.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

B's microwave on a bottom cabinet?? I'm so tired of white in the kitchen - so hard to keep clean....and (cook)books in the kitchen are just a bad idea unless it's kept very immaculate and most kitchens aren't. I don't like the olive green but the setup is best in A.

Default Not feeling the LOVE with any of these.

Cover A:
    Dislike... Don't like the mismatched yellow & white cabinet colors. Or the mismatched countertops. Really..does everyone have to have granite? Also don't like the light color flooring. Something tells me they ripped out the original floors in "that old house".

Like...I do like the subway tile.
    Have I mentioned I like the subway tile?

Cover B:
    Dislikes... Whatever tile is on the floor. Can't tell what it is, but it just looks washed out. Not liking the black granite countertops either. Apparently that is a microwave below?? It's an eyesore. If an appliance is a very cool old Chambers stove...great, make it a focal point. But a satin finished microwave...no thanks.

Likes....I do like the cabinets, but not necessarily the color or the hardware.

Cover C:
    Dislikes... White cabinets. Too much work to keep clean. Also don't care for the open-style of the glassware shelving.

Likes... The warm, natural flooring.

Lastly...for all 3. Do these designers have something against curtains??
    The true Craftsman is nearly extinct,
    now it's just Made in China Hidden Content

It's cover C, hands down. The cover should be an invitation to see more inside. The angle of the white cabinets, coupled with no furniture dead ending the view of the room, draws the reader into the room and makes you wonder what's beyond. Thanks for the opportunity to vote!

I really like Cover A, it has warmth and simplicity. The other covers are too bland for me.