View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of TOH (see choices below)

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A" (Bright breakfast bar)

26 12.04%
  • COVER "B" (Green cabinets, light floors)

55 25.46%
  • COVER "C" (White cabinets, dark floors)

135 62.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

I think the sage green cabinets look timeless. I'm kind of sick of white.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Voted B; Seen enough white cabinets on magazine covers to last my lifetime.
    I have the same faucet as B.
    I have a MW undercounter.
    Sage green is cool.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Those who want white cabinets have not experienced them.

l live in Trenton Ontario, which is located across the lake (Ont.) from Rochester NY

I think when we renovate our homes it is important to design the project to our own individual taste, however as it is probable that most of us will sell the house at some point, we should consider the future appeal of such choices.
    Clean ,white and sanitary, are always good qualities in a kitchen. It is also an easy place to start from if someone wants to change things in the future.
    Cover "C" will undoubtedly go to press.

I love the soft color of B. Like the bump out for the oven and cabinet. One open shelf is enough. Much cleaner looking than all those open shelves.

Unhappy Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

I can not stand the microwave down low. I would hate to get on my knees to clean inside. Also very dangerous for young children to play with the buttons or pull something hot onto themselves. Not a very thought out trend that I've been seeing.

How do you view what the choices are before you vote.

Some users have their thread viewing settings modified to show the most recent post first. Therefore, the original post with the cover images in it gets forced to the end of the thread If the original post is NOT the first post to render for you, go to the last page of this thread and view the covers in the very last post in the thread. Hope that makes sense and sorry for the inconvenience

The first two covers look like "fad" kitchens. The third is the one that looks like it is long lasting.

Default Re: August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Actually, none of the pictures is a good choice for me. First time you guys have struck out with the choices for us to vote on. "A" reminds me of a kitchen I had in the early 70's and while I have fond memories of that decade, this color scheme in not in my memories of good times. "B" was so-so. That is why I voted for it. "C" is too blinding, especially early in the morning when you are first getting up and trying to get awake. "C" is also a dirt magnetand who needs to be continually cleaning it up.
    I would suggest that you design a kitchen using Black and White as the theme. The color is soft, crisp, clean, and pleasing to the eyes. I know, it is my kitchen's colors.