View Poll Results: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of TOH (see choices below)

Voters
216. This poll is closed
  • COVER "A" (Bright breakfast bar)

26 12.04%
  • COVER "B" (Green cabinets, light floors)

55 25.46%
  • COVER "C" (White cabinets, dark floors)

135 62.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Use the poll tool (above) to vote for your favorite August 2012 cover (choices pictured below). We enjoy reading your feedback, but be aware that only votes made through the poll tool will be counted. Votes that are typed into replies to this post will not be counted.

Scroll down to see the THREE (3) cover choices. The cover with the most votes will go to press. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Moderator; 05-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Definitely like the bright cheeriness of the white kitchen.

Default Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

color schemes were unappealing on the other two choices

White kitchens are a disaster ... DIRT DIRT DIRT

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Love cover C, it reminds me of my late Aunt's kitchen . . . lots of fun, great food and fond memories!

Smile Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

I don't like the avocado - too much like the 70s look

And although the white looks more cheery, I don't like the open area where all the dishes go - they'll collect too much dust, and the furniture look of the cupboards - they will get damaged when cleaning the floors

The first one is the most practical
    If there's a will, there's a way
    ---
    A penny saved is a penny earned
    ---
    Waste not, want not
    ---
    It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness -- Tolstoy

Default August Copy of This Old House magazine

This is a much cleaner look, and, I love the center Island...looks like a piece of furniture

Where the heck is the toting place. From comments others have been able to vote but I can not find it! Makes me feel rather dimwitted. That not nice

Wink Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Although I prefer an off-white kitchen to pure-white, the dark floors and sunny window made the grade for me. Off all rooms in a house, the kitchen SHOULD be kept clean, so I don't mind white.

Thumbs down Re: Log in or register to vote for the August 2012 cover of This Old House magazine

Hard to vote hear because there's a lot to dislike about each of them.

For one there's the inane placement of the microwave below counter, ever try to read the panel using reading glasses?

Color choices. Everyone has favorites. Please tell me 'seasick green' isn't suddenly becoming a popular choice. Or is there some 20 year conspiracy cycle among decorators and contractors to make SURE you'll want to rip it out by then?

And who doesn't love being able to get gouged in the sides or legs with all those bumped out counter edges!

But hey, at least they didn't make the mistake of putting the flaming hot cooktop on the too-small island.

Can I vote D, none of the above and you've got five days to go back to the drawing board? Or play some photoshop games?