Eradicating Bermuda/wire grass.........
Please help me eradicate my Bermudawire Grass (affected area covers roughly an 8'*8' square area) mixed within my tall fescue.... As such, I have a few questions;
1) I recently purchased Turflon Ester and a Bayer Bermuda Control Product. Are these a good products to use to kill the Bermuda/wire grass?
2) The label on the Turflon Eater and the Bayer product talks about Bermuda/wire grass suppression and control although the label on the bottle mentions "Ornamental Turf Herbicide". Does this mean the killing of the Bermuda/wire grass as I would like?
3) Can you recommend a good "over-the-counter" product (purchased at Home Depot and/or Lowes) that will kill the Bermuda grass?
4) I have read to wait until the Bermuda grass starts turning green and growning before applying the herbicide. If I start now, while the Bermuda/wire grass is still brown, will it accellerate the killing of the Bermuda grass?
5) How will I know when the Bermuda grass is completely dead?
6) Once the Bermuda grass is dead can you recommend a method of removal (pulling up by hand, dethatcher, heavy rake, sod removing machine....)?
7) How soon can I start re-seeding (tall fescue) or soding the affected area after the Bermuda grass is dead?
Re: Eradicating Bermuda/wire grass.........
Thank you for discussing such an topical article with all of us. Iíve bookmarked your blog will come back for a re-read again. Keep up the excellent work.