+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I'm plumb baffled about what I should try...

A picture is needed. Don't understand the 1-1/4 line. You never reduce a drain line size in the direction of flow. Kitchen sink drain should be 1-1/2 unless there is a disposal then it should be 2". The laundry waste should be 2". All fixture should be trapped and vented. The only place that a 3" drain is needed on a clothes washer in in a chimerical laundry. And in that case it serves more then one machine.

John

Good Morning!
    The pictures are coming soon. I need 10 posts. I have 3. This one makes 4.

The tarping job kept out most of the rain. It is almost a shame that I excited about removing them...ended up pouring a little bit of it into the trench.

I have dial-up internet access. It is slow to get these secure web pages to load. I could post more frivolous things, but it is taking a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by fixin the hack jobs View Post
    I have dial-up internet access. It is slow to get these secure web pages to load. I could post more frivolous things, but it is taking a lot of time.

You are this close...

Tell us your life story and you'll have 10 postings, enough to load photos.

I was referring to the horizontal trunk. The vertical drain should have been 2" as the OP originally wanted to do, but I'm just saying that 1.5" vertical was not causing his problem.

The TOH episode that aired this morning (rerun) had Richard doing one of his famous drawings of how the plumbing should be done. He drew pretty much what I was attempting to describe. I just didn't address the vent stack like he did, and he was doing a two story drawing.

Bedford House Episode 9 http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/v...550775,00.html

dj1 -
    THAT WAS SUPER-FUNNY!!!

Here's a superfluous post for #9! And I'm out of time before a meeting at 6:30 'round these parts. Gonna eat dinner now. I'll try again later tonight.

The friend didn't make it Saturday...I think I've got it figured out...almost. I know there is a vent problem, and a too-small-of-a-PVC-problem, and the not-really-knowing-how-to-fix-it problem...the purpose of this forum!

THANKS TO EVERYONE! I'll get those pictures up here yet...

life story...

I was born. I went through school. I put myself through college and 1 year of grad school, during which I met this girl. We got married. We bought this house. We needed to fix a washer that was draining into the yard and running under the enclosed porch. I got onto THIS OLD HOUSE website. I made 10 posts...and will now hopefully be able to upload pictures with the next post...

Since you are on dialup, if you have photo processing software, I'd suggest that you resize the picture and reduce resolution to cut the file size. Resize to 640 x 480 pixels if you have that option and then when you save it, save to a higher compression, that will reduce resolution. On a scale of 1-12 for compression, use 3 (lower file size, higher compression) and you will hardly notice the loss on a computer screen.

If you don't have photo processing software, use your camera's menu to select a smaller photo size and fewer megapixels.