+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: kitchen sink, no trap no vent, HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I thought the the limit was 5 feet for the trap supply, and i think in this case it would be well within that range. Tub and shower traps are almost always below the floor. The AAV would be installed after the P trap. I do believe however that the green drawings would be the easiest and best solution.

Jack
    Jack the limit in most codes is 30". A shower or tub trap is below the floor but it is well within the 30" limit. Also the AAV must be after the trap.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Jack the limit in most codes is 30". A shower or tub trap is below the floor but it is well within the 30" limit. Also the AAV must be after the trap.

John
    John where is the 30" measured from, the high water level, the sink strainer, or the connection between the sinks? And I did say the AAV must be after the trap.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Jack, sorry I miss read your post as far as the location of the AAV. The 30" is measured from the connection to the fixture.

John

craigmg,

Here's another issue that is important to address:

Plumb and level the various pipes. In other words, rebiuld your entire drain:

-Start by disconnecting everything.
    -Plumb the 2" ABS, by cutting the horizontal portion (under the floor) and adding a short piece to make it plumb (you may need 2 couplings).
    -make the necessary adjustments to the sink drain (make it longer) and GD drain (make it shorter).
    -install a double sanitary tee and attach your AAV at the top of the tee.

Advice: if you want to DIY, make sure you know how, or you will end up with a greater mess.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Jack, sorry I miss read your post as far as the location of the AAV. The 30" is measured from the connection to the fixture.

John

Thank you John.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm definitely going to start from scratch and make a level version based on that green drawing I did. Houstonremodeler and DJ1 you are absolutely right I need to be getting this plumb and done correctly. DJ1 I like your advice line on your post, I'm glad these forums are available with such good people in them, otherwise I would be going in with a half baked idea and probably making the problem worse (if thats even possible with this setup!).

Quote Originally Posted by craigmg View Post
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

I'm definitely going to start from scratch and make a level version based on that green drawing I did. Houstonremodeler and DJ1 you are absolutely right I need to be getting this plumb and done correctly. DJ1 I like your advice line on your post, I'm glad these forums are available with such good people in them, otherwise I would be going in with a half baked idea and probably making the problem worse (if thats even possible with this setup!).
    Good idea to re-do everything...once you finish plz send a photo.

First I would straighten the pipe by either cutting bigger hole or cutting pipe below then installing it straight or whatever means necessary then install two San Tees and put them in at different Heights and put our auto/mechanical vent up as high as possible in case of backing up and make sure that all of this meets local code but looks pretty straight forward.

Forgot to mention it also looks like below the floor that the pipe is back grading and should be corrected but think its probably due to the pipe not being straight and pushed up thru the top.